Known for his numerous television and movie roles, his strange musical styling and his reputation from being a ladies’ man on and off-screen, William Shatner is The Man. The $#*! My Dad Says star has a new album coming out later this year called Searching for Major Tom featuring songs with a mostly sci-fi/outer space theme including hits by Queen and Bowie.
Here are the songs to look forward to on Searching for Major Tom:
- “Space Trucking” originally by Deep Purple – Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice has performed the drum part. Johnny Winter is guest guitarist.
- “She Blinded Me With Science” originally by Thomas Dolby – Bootsy Collins is guest bassist and Patrick Moraz (ex Yes and Moody Blues) is guesting on keyboards/synth.
- “In a Little While” originally by U2 – Manuel Gottsching from Ash Ra Tempel has added guitar.
- “Empty Glass” originally by The Tea Party – Michael Schenker (UFO/Scorpions) is a guest guitarist.
- “Lost in the Stars” as done by Frank Sinatra – Jazz legend Ernie Watts sits in on saxophone.
- “Twilight Zone” originally by Golden Earring – Warren Haynes (Gov’t Mule/Allman Brothers) is on guitar.
- “Space Cowboy” originally by Steve Miller – Country artist Brad Paisley has added guitar and vocals.
- “Rocket Man” originally by Elton John – Guitarist Steve Hillage (former member of Gong and current member of techno rock duo System 7) has added guest guitar.
- “Space Oddity” originally by David Bowie – Ritchie Blackmore (ex-Deep Purple) has added guest guitar, and Alan Parsons is adding keyboards.
- “Spirit in the Sky” originally by Norman Greenbaum – Peter Frampton plays guitar on this track.
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” originally by Queen – John Wetton from Asia plays bass and adds vocals.
- “Silver Machine” originally by Hawkwind – Wayne Kramer from the MC5 is adding guitar and Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge/Rod Stewart) is adding a guest drum part.
- “Major Tom” originally by Peter Shilling – Nick Valensi, the guitarist from the Strokes has added guest guitar to this track. Also Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne, black label society) and Mike Inez (Alice In Chains) have contributed to this track.
- “Learning to Fly” originally by Pink Floyd – Edgar Froese from Tangerine Dream has played guitar and keyboards on this track.
- “Mr. Spaceman” originally by The Byrds – Dave Davies from the Kinks has added guest guitar on this track.
- “Iron Man” originally by Black Sabbath – Zakk Wylde (ex Ozzy guitarist) played guitar and did a vocal on this track.
- “Planet Earth” originally by Duran Duran – Steve Howe, guitarist with Yes, played guitar on this track.
- “Walking on the Moon” originally by The Police – Toots of Toots & the Maytals has added a guest vocal.
- “Mrs. Major Tom” – female singer to add a track to be announced.
Read more about music…
Rock out to Mancave Daily Radio…
Post originally published at 104.3 WOMC Detroit’s Greatest Hits Classic Hits Music Radio. Recent headlines from 104.3 WOMC Detroit’s Greatest Hits Classic Hits Music Radio :
- Forgotten Favorites: Fun Boy Three’s “Our Lips Are Sealed”
- Album Stream: Paul Simon – ‘So Beautiful Or So What’
- What’s In The Words: Reunion’s “Life Is A Rock”
- Tears For Fears – Country Cover
- The Great Golden Egg Hunt – Win An HD Radio