With the NFL season right around the corner and fantasy football leagues beginning to form, we thought it was time to check in with some of our favorite players to keep an eye on this year. I’m a huge Cincinnati Bengals fan so I was extremely excited to talk with wide receiver Andrew Hawkins who is poised for a breakout season with quarterback Andy Dalton at the helm. You can follow Andrew on Twitter to keep up with his preseason activities.
1. So what did you do during the offseason?
Watched The Golden Girls every single day hahaha. No joke though.
2. What is your go-to karaoke song? Mine is, without a doubt, R. Kelly’s “Ignition (Remix).” We can duet it if you want.
Hmmmmmm, not a big fan of the “Remix to Ignition.” We can duet on any Outkast song though and since they’re a duo it would probably work better. My go-to song for karaoke, is Kanye West — “Slow Jams.” I rap the Twista verse and usually walk off the stage to a standing O. And of course by “O” I mean “OMG that was terrible,” but it’s always fun nonetheless.
3. Can you describe the worst haircut you’ve ever had? I had a rat tail when I was 11 so you have to top that.
Haha, I always wanted a rat tail, but wasn’t allowed to grow one. I can’t remember my worst haircut but I had cornrows for like 4 years and I definitely regret them. does that count?
*That totally counts
4. What does your pre-game meal usually consist of?
I don’t have a specific pre-game meal. I’m usually too nervous to eat, so naturally my post game meal is anything I can get my hands on.
5. If you’re being honest, what are your five favorite movies of all time?
No particular order:
- Hoop Dreams
- Trading Places
- Happy Gilmore
6. According to the NFL’s website your 40 yard dash time is 4.34 seconds. I can’t drive 40 yards in 4.34 seconds. Do I have a chance in the NFL?
If you can convince the commissioner to let you use a motor vehicle on the field of play, then you for sure have what it takes to be an NFL Hall of Famer.
7. Have you ever thought about coming up with your own version of the Ickey Shuffle? I feel like if he added in a little Stanky Legg it would have taken it to another level.
I have thought about it and I like the Stanky Legg idea. I just dont know if I’m the man for the Job. AJ (Green) scores all the touchdowns so maybe we can coach him up on it.
8. Before kickoff of the Bengal’s games they always blast “Welcome to the Jungle” to get the crowd going. What’s your playlist to get ready for a game?
Honestly, I usually listen to all gospel music before games. It keeps me at peace, so the anxiety of it all doesn’t get to me.
9. What’s the most recent picture messages you’ve received on your phone that you’re comfortable sharing? Just a description not the actual picture.
Easy, a number that I dont know sent me a picture of me at the grocery store shopping. Real creepy stuff man.
10. What is your favorite thing about me?
Aahahahahahahaha. Favorite thing about you? Question #6.