Matt Jones, who you may recognize from Breaking Bad, the final season of The Office, or Kevin Smith’s Red State, is a kind and delicate gentleman. I recently spoke with Matt about life, meth, and Maya Angelou. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Let’s get this out of the way right at the beginning, do you think Tupac is actually dead? Like 100% positive, he’s dead?
Dead, and I’m kind of glad. His death paved the way for thousands of marginally talented rappers to make Sprite commercials.
2. Did you read Maya Angelou’s book I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings? If so, can you tell us why without giving away too many spoilers?
Yeah, I read it and I read Toni Morrison’s Jazz too. I tried to pretend I gave a s*** for a couple years but then I wised up and started watching British TV and smoking pot.
3. If you were a rapper what would your rap name be?
MC GET OWT DA KI’CHEN (Cause I’m cookin’ up rhymes, son).
4. Name your top five favorite movies that you would actually re-watch. Everyone loves Schindler’s List but you’re not popping in that DVD on a sick day.
- Hamlet 2
- Shawshank Redemption
- Road House
- Step Brothers
5. You did a commercial with Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell. Which character from the show did you most relate to and why?
I relate to Jesse Spano the most because under it all, she’s a whore. But all people really see is that she’s a little too fat and tall.
6. Off the record, does Bryan Cranston really sell meth?
Only to his boyfriends.
7. What song were you most proud of to have as a ringtone on your Nokia phone that I’m assuming you had as a teenager?
“More Than a Feeling” by Boston (I was a fat loser)
8. What was the most embarrassing halloween costume you remember wearing as a kid?
A black bomber jacket and a baseball bat. I called myself a “gangsta” but I was just “really poor.”
9. How would you like to respond when someone asks you for Breaking Bad spoilers?
I tell them everything. Then I kill them and bury them in the desert.
10. What’s your favorite thing about me?
Fee is a ridiculous last name. Its the name of a drunken elf or a leprechaun clan of yore.