10 Weird Questions with Matt Jones, aka Badger from ‘Breaking Bad’
Matt Jones, who you may recognize from Breaking Bad, the final season of The Office, or Kevin Smith’s Red State, is a kind and delicate gentleman. I recently spoke with Matt about life, meth, and Maya Angelou. Here’s what he had to say:
1. Let’s get this out of the way right at the beginning, do you think Tupac is actually dead? Like 100% positive, he’s dead?
Dead, and I’m kind of glad. His death paved the way for thousands of marginally talented rappers to make Sprite commercials.
2. Did you read Maya Angelou’s book I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings? If so, can you tell us why without giving away too many spoilers?
Yeah, I read it and I read Toni Morrison’s Jazz too. I tried to pretend I gave a s*** for a couple years but then I wised up and started watching British TV and smoking pot.
3. If you were a rapper what would your rap name be?
MC GET OWT DA KI’CHEN (Cause I’m cookin’ up rhymes, son).
4. Name your top five favorite movies that you would actually re-watch. Everyone loves Schindler’s List but you’re not popping in that DVD on a sick day.
- Hamlet 2
- Shawshank Redemption
- Road House
- Step Brothers
5. You did a commercial with Mr. Belding from Saved by the Bell. Which character from the show did you most relate to and why?
I relate to Jesse Spano the most because under it all, she’s a whore. But all people really see is that she’s a little too fat and tall.
6. Off the record, does Bryan Cranston really sell meth?
Only to his boyfriends.
7. What song were you most proud of to have as a ringtone on your Nokia phone that I’m assuming you had as a teenager?
“More Than a Feeling” by Boston (I was a fat loser)
8. What was the most embarrassing halloween costume you remember wearing as a kid?
A black bomber jacket and a baseball bat. I called myself a “gangsta” but I was just “really poor.”
9. How would you like to respond when someone asks you for Breaking Bad spoilers?
I tell them everything. Then I kill them and bury them in the desert.
10. What’s your favorite thing about me?
Fee is a ridiculous last name. Its the name of a drunken elf or a leprechaun clan of yore.