10 Weird Questions with Caprice Crane
Author and overall nice person Caprice Crane answered a few questions for us just in time for her new book that comes out August 27th. Be sure to go get your copy and tell her we sent you, if, for some reason, she’s at the book store where you’re shopping.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Step 9. But I’m not apologizing to YOU. It was all your fault and I stand by that.
Also, I’m getting ready for the launch of my first Young Adult novel, Confessions of a Hater, which comes out on August 27th but you can pre-order it now! Tell everyone!
2. Do you have a go-to karaoke song?
I don’t. I find much better ways to embarrass myself almost daily. I do however have a “stab yourself in the eye if you ever consider having a go-to karaoke policy.”
3. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
A naked lady who was probably 112 years old, Steve Agee’s balls. (I’m not special, he sends them to everyone.) and a chicken in someone’s yard in Culver City. My friends are really weird.
4. Without fear of judgement, what are your top five favorite movies of all time?
I have more than 5 favorites. So I reserve the right to change these at any time. But today, I’ll say:
- The Jerk
- Annie Hall
- The Princess Bride
- True Romance
- This is Spinal Tap
5. What advice would you give young authors trying to get a start in the industry?
Try anything else. Literally anything. If you can’t rid yourself of the urge to be a writer, then go for it with all you’ve got and never let rejections get you down. All it takes is one “yes.” (But really, try something else.)
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
I once had to change my phone number because of Gary Coleman.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Too many. All the usual suspects on cable. Some of the Netflix originals. Waiting for the last few Breaking Bad episodes.
8. What was the worst job you’ve ever had?
Waiting tables. I wrote a strongly-worded letter of complaint about myself as a joke. They didn’t think it was funny at all.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
10. Most importantly, what’s your favorite thing about me?
I really like that dress you’re wearing.