I recently chatted with Philadelphia Eagles left guard Evan Mathis about key issues like urinating on the Westboro Baptist Church and some of the most hilarious trash talk you’ve ever heard. You can also follow him on Twitter where he has offered $500 to anyone who can get Amanda Bynes to follow him.
1. So what are you up to right now?
2. What’s the most ridiculous thing an opposing player has said to you on the field?
In a 2011 game vs. the Patriots’ Gerard Warren told me he was going to eat my p***y.
3. What music do you listen to before a game to get you ready?
I do not listen to music before games. I used to, but music always takes me to a different place and that place is not somewhere where football exists. I have zero pre-game rituals. I just prepare well all week by working hard, resting, studying and then show up on game day knowing that my opponent hasn’t prepared better than me.
4. What are your top five favorite movies of all time?
In no particular order:
- American Beauty
- The Neverending Story
- Rain Man
- The Big Lebowski
- Office Space
5. What are the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
My wife is an Instagramaholic so she always sends me her pictures to get my opinion. I used to try to keep up with her in followers but she’s ahead of me exponentially now. She does fitness tips, motivation and shows off her body. If you want to creep on her she’s @imtheminibeast.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
I was at a Kaskade show in Vegas last year and saw a driver’s license on the ground. I picked it up and it had ’80s child star Corey Feldman’s name on it. I kind of stared at it for a second thinking it was some novelty gag ID then a few minutes later he walks by. I hand him his ID like it was completely normal for me to have it then just go back to watching the show. The confused look on his face was priceless.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
8. Besides the IRS sign, do you have any other landmarks you’d like to pee on?
I would love to pee on the Westboro Baptist Church but it would probably be safer to stand in front of it holding a sign to express myself.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
10. What’s your favorite thing about me?
A few months ago you and my wife had the exact same haircut.