10 Weird Questions with Elisha Cuthbert
Canadian actress Elisha Cuthbert needs no introduction. So pretend this paragraph doesn’t exist. Let’s ask her some weird questions!
1. What are you up to right now?
I Just finished organizing a dinner party with my girlfriends for next weekend. I have two friends so it’s pretty easy to sort out (kidding) but I was planning a dinner just before this.
2. What’s getting the most plays on your iPod right now?
Rhye (“Open”) Lana del Ray (“Young and Beautiful”) Tegan & Sara (“I Was a Fool”) — some pretty deep stuff.
3. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
My father built me the most amazing costume one year. It was a giant popcorn box. Like an old time movie theatre one with real popcorn glued to the top, red and white strips down the cardboard sides and my head had an insert to stick out of. My dad is a wizard at building things, Halloween costumes included.
4. Without fear of judgment, what are your top five favorite movies?
I don’t have one favorite, judge all you’d like, but here’s a few:
Fight Club – I’m a huge Fincher fan and this was the only film I saw more than once in the theatre.
Labyrinth – This was a childhood favorite, plus David Bowie throwing that baby was awesome and I wanted a talking caterpillar so bad after that. Turned out, no such thing.
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Has to be up there. Broderick was so confident and cool.
Gattaca – by Andrew Niccol in the science-fiction genre blew my mind. Visually stunning, I mean that film looked like a painting in every set-up. Plus leg lengthening!! Sign me up!
Giant – Elizabeth Taylor riding side saddle. Enough said.
Anyway I could go on and on.
5. What’s the most frequent question you get from fans of 24?
How many episodes did you do in a season? (Not even kidding) Answer: 24.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
There have been many over the years and stories too long to tell over email. Those kinds of tales require a fire or at the very least a dinner table and some wine. Losing my ability to speak in the presence of Meryl Streep at the Golden Globes after she asked me “How are you?” was a strange moment from my end, if that’s anything.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Girls and Duck Dynasty.
8. Any chance we’ll see a Happy Endings reunion?
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
@IamEnidColeslaw – Mary Charlene makes me laugh.
@Grahamelliot – great food pics. I’m a total foodie
@robcorddry – funny also and has an insane amount of followers.
I’m pretty new to Twitter, I started in March, so I’m working on it. I like following my fav. Designers and chefs and directors. That kinda thing.
10. I’ve never been able to watch the scene on House of Wax when you get your finger cut off. Was that your real thumb peeking through the vent? You still have your thumb, right?
Well, we know you’re not lying, because it was my index finger not my thumb. And yes I still have it! It was a prosthetic fingertip, not my own. As much as I like to get into character for roles, giving up my finger seems extreme in the long term. I mean, every character after that would have to be missing a finger. That’s a tough sell.