10 Weird Questions with Key & Peele’s Jordan Peele
1. So what are you up to right now?
Right now I am sitting in my apartment watching updates on the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case. My A/C is busted and its hot. I’ve got a lukewarm ginger ale. My face is numb because of a root canal I had hours ago. Warm ginger ale on a numb face. Race trials? I feel like I’m in To Kill a Mockingbird.
2. Are there any sketches you guys have done that stand out in particular as your favorites?
A lot of my favorite Key & Peele sketches we’ve done are coming in the third season in September. We have a follow up to the East-West Bowl that’ll be super satisfying. Also this year there is a sketch about a meeting of black Republican men that cracks me up.
3. You were hilarious on Children’s Hospital. Did you ever want to work in medicine, because the thought of needles makes me want to vomit?
I never wanted to work in medicine. I try to never get in a situation where someone else’s life in in my hands.
4. What are your top five favorite movies of all time?
Today my answer is
- The Shining
- Thelma and Louise
- Edward Scissorhands
- Rosemary’s Baby
5. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
The last three pictures I received are pictures our wardrobe took this season. One is my character Meegan who will be coming back. Another is of me in colonial times with huge, high-tech guns. Finally a picture me and Metta World Peace, who is awesome.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
I walked by Ann Coulter once. You can feel the heat drain from your body. I felt like Harry Potter right before he summons that glowing deer.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
I watch Big Brother. Reality TV fascinates me. It creates a weird passion in us for silly stuff. I’ve been beet-red angry at the results of a game where eight adults bring cups of syrup to each other on Slip ‘n’ Slides.
8. What are the acceptable form of hugs between friends?
A solid friend hug has fists locked. I like to pound on a friend’s back hard until they pound back. If you gotta have palms open, then you gotta get that “double-slap” wind down. Don’t rub, though.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
10. Lastly, and most importantly, what’s your favorite thing about me?
You have a hilarious Twitter account too. I’ve seen you have two different profile pics with you looking to the side which means you have “a good side” which, if true, is adorable.