10 Weird Questions with Christopher McQuarrie
Christopher McQuarrie has been responsible for some of the best screenplays Hollywood has seen. From The Usual Suspects to The Way of the Gun to the upcoming superhero tale The Wolverine, he’s consistently brilliant. Here’s a few questions he answered for us, along with some of his all time favorite movies.
1. So what are you up to right now?
I’m hovering around 201.
2. Do you ever watch the movies you’ve written when you catch them on TV, or is it weird for you?
I watch for a little bit and think fondly about what was happening behind the scenes that day. Then I remember how glad I am that’s over and I change channels.
3. Did you do much writing as a child or did you pick it up later in life?
I was always telling stories. I started writing them down when I was twelve. A teacher asked me if that was what I wanted to do with my life. From that moment on I was simply certain it would happen. This did nothing to improve my grades.
4. Without fear of judgement, what are your top five favorite movies of all time?
How about just five great movies without thinking: The Big Country, Die Hard, The Verdict, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Last Picture Show.
5. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
Not in an interesting way.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
Guns. Booze. Sheen.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Breaking Bad and anything with “of” in the title.
8. Do you keep up with any sports or have any favorite teams?
I watch any game with a good backstory and I root for the underdog.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
You, of course. Also @brendohare, @filthyrichmond, @blainecapatch, @guyendorekeiser, @ladybirdj, @robinmccauley to name a few. Then again, they all follow me (which is why @serafinowicz is not on the list).
10.What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
There are no rules until you write them.
Rob previously asked ten weird questions of such Twitter luminaries as the Philadelphia Eagles’ Evan Mathis. Why not learn the Things Your Local Pro Wrestling Referee Wants You To Know?