Graham Linehan is, of course, responsible for some of the funniest television shows ever made. From Father Ted to The IT Crowd he never seems to disappoint. He was kind enough to answer a few questions for us, even though he cheated and did his seven favorite movies instead of five. We’ll let it slide this time.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Finally coming to the end of a long string of projects. Count Arthur Strong, my new sitcom with Steve Delaney is going out at the moment, The IT Crowd Special is nearly ready for delivery and we’ve just finished shooting a single-camera sitcom pilot.
2. The It Crowd was such a fantastic show. Do any episodes stand out as your favorites?
Oh, yeah, plenty. “The Speech,” “Work Outing,” “Jen The Fredo.” Many more.
3. Who are some actors that you’d love to work with that you haven’t had the opportunity to yet?
Too many to mention! Danny McBride springs to mind but I couldn’t do anything better than Eastbound so it would probably end up being a waste of time.
4. What are your top five favorite movies of all time?
The original Heartbreak Kid with Grodin, Mauvais Sang by Leos Carax, Raging Bull, Taxi Driver, Mean Streets, Blade Runner, The Third Man.
5. Any plans on hosting another BadMovieClub event?
It was kind of exhausting… probably not.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
I interviewed Paul Schrader when I was a young journalist and he was a horrible prick. Still not sure why he agreed to it in the first place.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Well, it’s The Golden Age so I’d be crazy if there weren’t. The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Game of Thrones, Always Sunny…so much good stuff out there at the moment.
8. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?
“Child collecting sweets” was a popular one round my area.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
I’m too lazy to look up the usernames but CrimerShow is great. And HuffPoSpoilers!
10. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
All from my wife. My kids in various states of confusion.
Rob previously asked ten weird questions of such Twitter luminaries as the Philadelphia Eagles’ Evan Mathis. Why not learn the Things Your Local Pro Wrestling Referee Wants You To Know?