Jack Douglass has one of the best YouTube channels in the world. It’s a bold statement but once you start exploring his recurring segments like “Your Grammar Sucks” and “Dubstep Solves Everything” you’ll see why.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Right now, I’m on a plane heading back from New Jersey to Los Angeles. Spent 4th of July week with the family at the Jersey Shore, now more than ready to get back to the important world of cat videos and fart jokes.
2. What do you use as inspiration for your videos?
As inspiration, I watch/listen to my comedy icons. Let me try to name a few of my idols:
and that’s it.
In all seriousness, Tim and Eric were a huge inspiration, as was a ton of sketch comedy I watched in the late ’90s to early-mid ’00s.
3. Who would be your dream guest to appear with you in a video?
My dream guest(s) would be Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Cracking a few beers and going over awful YouTube comments seems heavenly with those guys.
4. Without fear of judgement, what are your top five favorite movies of all time?
5. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
Hahaha to be perfectly honest, the last 3 pictures I’ve received on my phone are screenshots of tweets and instagrams my buddy sent me making fun of other YouTubers. We spend far too many pic-texts telling each other “Can you BELIEVE this guy?!”
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
Meeting Tim and Eric at a VIP party I wasn’t invited to was a bit surreal. They’re probably my favorite comedy icons, but man was it strange meeting them in real life. Didn’t help that I was awkward as hell, but it makes for a great story to tell those grandkids I’ll never have.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Yes! Dexter is in its final season, and I grew up on that show. Game of Thrones is another obsession, and I’m eagerly awaiting the return of Breaking Bad (along with half of the country). [Note: We interviewed Jack a few weeks back. --Ed]
8. Can you describe your worst haircut in as much detail as possible?
I got my worst haircut in the spring of 2009, when I was an extra on the set of Red Tails. Never heard of it? Of course not – it bombed! It was a World War II dogfighting movie that no one saw, and I had to get my hair cut in the style of the time. That meant they had to get rid of my sideburns, and I just looked f***ing goofy with this ’40s hair and no sideburns. Just awful. The only redeeming part of the movie was that I got to be a stand-in for Bryan Cranston, way before he was a household HEISENBERG name.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
10. Most importantly, what’s your favorite thing about me?
You mean I can only pick ONE? I love the fact that you only break into cars from 2010 and above; shows TASTE.
Rob previously asked ten weird questions of such Twitter luminaries as the Philadelphia Eagles’ Evan Mathis. Why not learn the Things Your Local Pro Wrestling Referee Wants You To Know?