CBGB comes out today, so we sat down with the man playing king of punk Joey Ramone himself, Joel David Moore.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Just finished a Sony film called Grace, Jeff Chan directing, with Alexia Fast, Alan Dale and Lin Shaye. Very unique film with a visionary director. Excited about that. I also wrapped up a film called The Guest, by Adam Wingard who did the upcoming You’re Next thriller.
But currently, just sitting on the couch going through old pen pal letters I traded with Casey Anthony.
2. Did you get to keep your personal avatar after filming of the movie had completed?
If you mean the action figure then yes I have a bunch that I use for charity auctions, giveaways, and bath time.
3. How did you train for your role in Dodgeball? Did you play dodgeball with Vince Vaughn in his basement? Please say yes.
I learned the hard way the Vince’s basement is “off limits.” I still have the scars.
We did train. A lot. All the sequences were actual routines that we coordinated.
4. Without fear of judgement, what are your top five favorite movies of all time?
In no order: Children of Men, Dumb and Dumber, Usual Suspects, Rear Window, The Shining
5. What Missy “Misdemeanor” Elliot song best describes you?
Whatever she says backwards in ‘Work It’
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
I had to guard Snoop Dogg in a celeb basketball game and he was high as a kite but still made every shot he took. If I was high and playing basketball I wouldn’t know who Snoop Dogg was.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Game Of Thrones, Homeland, House Of Cards, Arrested Development, still waiting for Lost to “end.”
8. I’m a huge fan of the Hatchet series. Are they finished or is there more to the story?
Adam Green probably has another dozen stories he could tell in that franchise. He’s a man of many tales, some of which we’ve talked about. I don’t know where the franchise goes from here but it has been a blast to work with all of them.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
10. What’s the weirdest thing a fan has ever asked you or given you?