10 Weird Questions with Cosplayer Chloe Dykstra
You may know Chloe from her cosplay show aptly titled Just Cos or her recent appearance on SyFy’s Heroes of Cosplay. She was kind enough to take time out of her movie appearances and video game playing to answer a few questions for us. Be sure to follow her on Twitter when you’re done here.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Sitting at a coffee shop with my dog waiting for my four shots of espresso and thinking about my high school math teacher.
In life, I’m getting ready to release my new show on my channel next week, FortPlay, where my best friends and I sit in a fort we built ourselves and talk about video games. Also, my silly show Heroes of Cosplay is currently airing on the Syfy network (Tues @ 10/9c).
2. What’s your experience in cosplay competitions been like so far?
Honestly? I don’t like it. My favorite moments are before I go on stage because I can see everyone’s costumes up close, and after the judging when I can go get fro-yo and go to bed. The whole competition aspect feels kind of foreign, and I have no real urge to win awards over my fellow cosplayers. Nothing wrong with competitive spirit, I just can’t really muster it up.
3. How do you feel about the new Doctor Who?
The new Doctor? Pretty good, actually. Peter Capaldi is pretty much as close as you can get to Hugh Laurie without getting diagnosed with lupus.
4. What are your top five favorite movies of all time?
- Dr. Strangelove
- Dr. Horrible
- Doctor Who
- Doctor Zhivago
- Doctor Dolittle (the one with Eddie Murphy)
About half of that is true, but I was on a roll so I went with it.
5. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
- Two photos side by side–a photo of myself with Billy West, and one with Maurice La Marche.
- A photo of a care package my guy friend in NOLA sent my girlfriend out here in LA. I think they’re gonna have babies.
- A stock photo of sausages my friend sent me when he was drunk.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
One time I went to a bar and I’m pretty sure my friend Max Landis tried to convince Jeremy Renner I was a transexual.
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
God no, but I try. I’m like, season 2-3 on Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, etc. And I guess I’ve been watching Orange is the New Black. It’s fun to watch Laura Prepon kiss girls. Oh yeah, and Heroes of Cosplay or whatever.
8. What are a few videos games you’d recommend that a lot of people may have overlooked?
Deadly Premonition. Do it. Thank me immediately when you finish. But for real, 999 for the DS is great. Fun, engaging story. Cool mechanics. Octodad’s pretty awesome, too.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
@robfee, of course. I also love:
@RobDelaney: For obvious reasons.
@fart: My spirit animal.
@nachosarah: She’s an old friend of mine. She gets to write the stuff on Twitter I wish I could.
@CourtneyLove: Because it’s fun to learn new languages.
10. If you could pick one movie to have a sequel that doesn’t currently have one, what would it be and why?
Ghostbusters 2. You just got loopholed.