Most people know Sam from his role as a secret werewolf in the hit series Being Human, but to me he’ll always be Mimi-Siku from Jungle 2 Jungle. Not only was he kind enough to answer a few questions, but he also sent us a picture message he had received which is just creepy beyond words. Be sure to follow Sam on Twitter to keep up with all his new projects.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Oddly exciting times for me actually. I start shooting the new season of Being Human on July 15th, and I’m just about to jet off to LA to play a cool little role in the new, (Kickstarter-fueled), Veronica Mars movie. Also, I have a pretty awesome independent movie called The White Buffalo coming out this winter. Pretty excited. And I have two children. Charlie is 4 and Audrey is 16 months. So literally “right now” I’m busy neglecting them. Thanks Rob.
2. You were on CSI: Miami. Did David Caruso ever let you touch or smell his sunglasses?
Great question. Here’s the deal. Caruso and I don’t talk anymore. It’s sad, but really I brought it on myself. He and I were out on jet-skis, just having a ball. We paused to take in the moment. I reached out to put my arm around him, not realizing he was reaching out to do the same, and I knocked his sunnies into the ocean. He wasn’t “mad,” but he just couldn’t look at me anymore. Mainly because of the sadness, but also because it’s hard for him to see without his shades.
3. On Being Human you’re secretly a werewolf. Be honest, are you secretly a werewolf in real life as well?
I’m a werewolf for sure. Well, I think. I’m usually really high at night. They might just be weird dreams.
4. What are your top five movies of all time?
Top 5 movies. Ugh. Tough. In no particular order:
- Happy Gilmore
- Jungle 2 Jungle
5. Can you describe to us the last three picture messages you’ve received?
– My sweet friend Vanessa’s engagement ring announcing her engagement.
– My co-star on Being Human, Meaghan Rath’s new car.
– I’m sending you another email with what my friend Jesse sent me. It’s beautiful.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
Tori Spelling thought I was Jude Law (from behind) at a party in Beverly Hills one time. I don’t know if she was drunk, or had just had Lasik that day, but I love telling that story. That was good enough for me.
7. What TV shows are you watching?
8. Can you describe the worst haircut you’ve ever had in as much detail as possible?
Go watch the film Jungle 2 Jungle and get back to me. It was a really good bad cut.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
Well, yours Rob. You’re my favorite. I also like Sarah Beattie’s acct, (@nachosarah), Chani Bell’s acct, (@thispartyislame), Alex Baze’s acct, (@bazecraze), Mickey McCauley is a new fave, (@Mickey_McCauley), and my friend Deanna Russo is very funny, (@DeannaRusso).
10. What’s your favorite thing about me?
My favorite thing about you is that I don’t really know you. Frankly, you terrify me. Dude, you told me that if I didn’t answers these questions you’d “burn down my life.” I don’t know what that means, but it sounds real bad.