If you have a Twitter account, odds are you’ve seen Mary Charlene. She came out of nowhere and exploded onto the internet with over 100,000 followers, which is a number most well-known comedians can only dream to attain. She was nice enough to answer a few questions for us. Be sure to follow her on Twitter if you’re not already.
1. So what are you up to right now?
Absolutely nothing, to be honest. I’m a loser who works a 9 to 5 desk job. If I can ever get off my ass, I’m going to start putting some funny videos on YouTube. I AM going to see Maria Bamford perform tonight and I’ve never been so excited!!
2. What’s some of the coolest things you’ve gotten to do as a result of your success on Twitter?
Definitely meeting Andy Richter and hanging out with Rob Delaney. Getting asked to do standup showcases and interviews like this one with you!
3. Who would play you in the Lifetime movie about your life?
Philip Seymour Hoffman
4. Without fear of judgement, what are your top five favorite movies of all time?
The Last Dragon, Zombi 2, City Lights, American Beauty, A Clockwork Orange. I absolutely loved the new Star Trek movie too.
5. Can you describe the last three picture messages you’ve received on your phone?
My brother making a weird face, my cat licking his a**hole, my ex-boyfriend.
6. What’s the strangest celebrity encounter you’ve ever had?
Yesterday Lena Dunham started following me so I’m trying to play it cool and not DM her and freak out!
7. Are there any TV shows you’re keeping up with right now?
Believe it or not I don’t have internet or cable at my apartment so I’m usually behind on everything! However I am caught up on Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and Nurse Jackie, which are all great. My all-time favorite tv shows are probably Ren & Stimpy and Strangers with Candy.
8. If you were on a Final Destination movie, how would you want to go out?
Not sure exactly, but it would have to be really embarrassing and involve a malfunctioning vibrator.
9. Who are some of your favorite accounts on Twitter?
Too many to list: @theyearofelan, @dril, @pushinghoops, @fartpalace, @ecareyo, @robdelaney, @extranapkins, @ladybirdj, @fart, @ChrisThayerSays, @AmandaBynes, @robfee😉
10. Most importantly, what’s your favorite thing about me?
Your voice. Meow.