10 Weird Questions with Theo Von
Comedian Theo Von is back for a new season of Deal with It. Let’s ask him some weird questions about it!
1. What are you doing right now at this exact moment?
Trying to decide if I should leave my hotel and eat or just try and sleep away the starve pains
2. Are you ok with the fact that I still quote jokes of yours from when you were on Reality Bites Back?
I am. I was in my element there. Great contestants. Amy Schumer, Mo Mandell, Bert Kreisher, Donnell Rawlings. Still friends of mine.
3. How did you get your start in comedy?
I was neglected as a child. My fathers was 70 when I was born. I was either gonnna be a stripper or a comic (which is really just a “word” stripper)
4. Who are some of your personal favorite comics?
Bobby Lee, Amy Schumer, Chris Delia, Daniel Tosh, Howie Mandel, Chris Rock, John Morgan, and my favorite Jerry Clower.
5. What’s the hardest part of doing comedy on the road for you?
Finding a gym. Sleep deprivation from red-eye flights. Realizing that I forgot deodorant and underpants, again.
6. Do you have a favorite venue you like to perform?
The La Jolla Comedy Store is a unique and simple venue. The Tempe Improv is amazing.
7. What are some of the television shows you’re keeping up with right now?
The Following, Deal With It on TBS, and American Idol. I’m a big Harry Connick fan.
8. What do you find is the biggest difference between being on stage and being in front of the camera?
On stage you can do whatever. On camera you can do whatever….they want you to do.
9. What advice would you give to comics that are just starting out?
Don’t just tell jokes. Tell you.
10. So what can you tell us about the new season of Deal With It and where can we watch it?
You can watch it on TBS starting March 19th, and the first episode is live streaming now. It is honestly so funny. Arsenio guested, the Jenner girls guested, Nick Cannon, Jill Wagner. It has Howie Mandel’s sense of humor written all over it, and it is hilarious.