by Rob Fee
While her character on the highly popular Game of Thrones is a priestess of R'hllor and a Shadowbinder named Melisandre, I'm fairly certain she's nothing like that in real life. Carice was kind enough to take time out of manipulating shadows and overthrowing empires to answer a few questions for us.
1. If, by some chance, there's a single person out there who hasn't seen Game of Thrones, how would you describe your character to them?
A Red badass priestess.
2. Can you describe the last three picture messages you've received on your phone?
A picture of me and some friends at Rufus Wainwright's concert, a selfie taken by a monkey, and a drawing of a naked woman's body.
3. You had a #1 song in the Netherlands in 2010. If you went on tour right now, who would you want to be your opening act?
The Beach Boys, haha.
4. What was the most ridiculous halloween costume you ever voluntarily wore?
Never celebrated Halloween but if I ever will I will go as a "Vampire State Building" which a friend of mine invented I guess.
5. Excluding any of the great films you've been in, what are your five favorite movies of all time?
*Dancer in the dark
6. I've found myself watching some pretty terrible reality shows recently. Are there any guilty pleasures you feel comfortable admitting that you watch? This is a safe place.
Anything like Funniest Home Videos. Keep that s**t comin' please.
7. There's a rumor that Freddie Mercury walked out of the studio while working with Michael Jackson because Jackson insisted on having a llama there with him. Would you consider a llama a dealbreaker in the workplace?
Haha that Freddie.. I only really love dogs so yes I'm on Team Freddie. Anyway I was a huge Queen fan when I was a teenager.
8. Who would you want to play you in your award winning biographical movie? I've considered Ryan Gosling for me but I feel like Bradley Cooper "gets me" you know?
Haha. Cate Blanchett.
9. What's the weirdest celebrity encounter you've had?
I've sang karaoke with Bill Murray who later ended up being my friend.
And Meryl Streep kissed me on the cheek once. I felt like a schoolboy.
10. Lastly, if you had to choose, what is your favorite thing about me?
That I have no idea who you are and somehow I'm still filling in these silly questions haha.
Yeah, that's us in a nutshell.
Rob Fee is a writer and comedian best known for writing and telling jokes. You can follow him on Twitter @RobFee to read more of these jokes or go to Del Taco. He’s probably there.