by Brett Ryland
So, if you're anything like me, here's a list of $#!++y jobs famous people had before they got famous that will, hopefully, make you feel better about yourself.Ever have one of those days where you're like, "Wow, my life is one great big ball of $#!+ and going nowhere fast"? I know I have. Usually, for me, this state of mind comes as a result of the job I'm currently employed at. And believe me, I have worked my fair share of $#!++y jobs to produce that mentality: grocery store bagger, car washer, dog walker, clothing store salesman, waiter, cell phone salesman, raking rocks at a golf course (yes, that's a real job), and the list goes on and on. But the one thing that always lifts my spirits while doing these kinds of jobs is knowing someone else has been here before and gone on to success.
1. Kanye West worked as a sales assistant at The Gap.
2. Brad Pitt stood on a street corner wearing a chicken suit trying to attract customers to an El Pollo Loco.
3. Mad Men’s Jon Hamm worked as a dish washer in a restaurant.
4. Eva Mendes worked at a mall fast food restaurant called "Hot Dog On A Stick."
5. Diddy worked as a busboy at a Mexican restaurant called "El Torito."
6. Madonna worked at a Dunkin' Donuts.
8. Megan Fox dressed up as a giant banana while working for a smoothie shop in Florida.
9b. ...but not at the same one.
9c. Here's Rachel McAdams again because she is too adorable for this world.
11. Denzel Washington used to sweep up hair in a barbershop.
12. President Barack Obama worked as an ice cream scooper at Baskin-Robbins. (We wanted to 'shop an ice cream scoop into his hands, but Getty said we couldn't. Boooo!)
13. Sylvester Stallone used to clean the lion cages at the Central Park Zoo.
14. Hugh Jackman worked as a clown at kids' birthday parties.
15. Jon Stewart was a stock boy at a New Jersey Woolworth's.
16. Jim Carrey worked as a janitor in a tire factory.
18. Tom Hanks once worked as a popcorn and peanuts vendor at the Oakland Coliseum.
19. Quentin Tarantino famously used to work as a clerk in a Manhattan Beach video store.
20. Amy Adams was a Hooters waitress.
21. Nicole Kidman worked as a massage therapist.
"What is the deal with phone salesmen pitching light bulbs? Don't they know they're audio, not visual?" (You're welcome for that total '90s immersion experience, readers.)24. Jerry Seinfeld used to work as a telephone salesman selling fluorescent light bulbs.
25. Ryan Reynolds worked the graveyard shift at a grocery store.